Sunday, February 14, 2010

24 Weeks, 0 days


So it’s been a little while since I’ve last updated the blog and for my friends and family that actually read this thing…Sorry! Here’s a catch up entry that will hopefully fill you in on all of the main things that have happened in the last week or so.

Failed the first glucose test to diagnose gestational diabetes. It could be because of the strawberry and chocolate fondue that I had the night before while celebrating Super Bowl…..or maybe I just enjoyed the taste of that orange soda they make you drink before drawing your blood for the test. Since getting preggers I have given up all soda (really) and have been dying for some orange soda or anything sweet and carbonated. To my surprise, that is exactly what I got to drink before vampire lab lady came and took my blood. Unfortunately, I failed the test by 2 points (137 when the normal range is 70-135). Oops!

Glucose Test Part 2. While I may have enjoyed the soothing taste of orange bubbly down my throat on Monday, I wasn’t so sure about the 3 times-as-sweet Lime Syrup I had to drink for the follow-up test. The original test had me drink, wait an hour and then draw blood. This time, it was draw blood, drink, wait an hour then draw blood, wait an additional hour then draw blood, and then wait one more hour then draw blood. For those of you counting that makes 4 stabs in one day for blood samples and a total of 5 blood-sucking stabs for the week. The hubby was awesome enough to sit with me throughout the entire test since I was not allowed to go outside of the building. I found this to be a great time to nap in front of the cozy loby fireplace while he was busy playing videos and games on his iPhone. Thanks honey for all of your support. Luckily, this second test turned out normal and neither Sprout nor I will be impacted by gestational diabetes. WHEW! Let me tell you…I was kind of freakin and not too happy about this rollercoaster. But God answered my prayers and we are all doing just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment