Can you believe we finally hit the half-way point of preggersville? This has been the most exciting, nerve-wrecking, confusing, anticipatory and overall loveable experience I have ever gone through! This week was truly special to me because I felt little Sprout kick my hand for the first time. It was one thing to feel our little girl gurgle in my tummy and questioning whether it was gas or her gymnastics’ moves…but this was a totally different experience! While I was working from home on Friday I was in a reclining position on my back with my laptop on top of a pillow and on my lap. I do not know what it is about this specific position, but I can always feel her move and kick around the most when I lay back like that. (Don’t worry moms…I wasn’t laying flat on my back, I was just sitting in a slightly reclining position) Well, Sprout’s kicking was so strong I decided to press down on my left side…because she LIVES only on that side…and waited to see if anything happened. After a couple of minutes I felt the most incredible kick and my eyes jumped open. I was in disbelief. This was no little poke at the hand, this was a “mom, get your hand off of my cocoon, it’s already tight in here as it is!” type of kick. I was so excited I had to leave Michael a message at work and my voice was so high-pitched and screechy with enthusiasm that I am not even sure he understood what I was trying to tell him. And so the joys of motherhood continue! I love these little but HUGE milestones for Sprout.
While I was on a glowing high from my baby girl’s big adventure for the day, it was quickly old news when the hubby shared his story. Turns out my wonderfully loving husband was rubbing and pushing my tummy in the midst of my coma-like sleep the night before and Sprout had given dad the same thrilling kick. Yay! My only question is, why the heck don’t I know that my husband is poking around my tummy when I’m asleep at night? I should have figured since Michael has already established a relationship with my chub bumps….giving Sprout the sign of peace at church, blessing it with its own cross of holy water, running over to give me a hug and quickly droping down to say hi to what I would call my rolls, but he thinks it is baby. (hint: baby is low and on the left side! The rest of the bloating is Sprout pushing everything up and out.) But, I love it all the same and I’m sure our daughter does too.
Some new twist and turns have showed up over the past couple of weeks when it comes to pregger symptoms. Although grateful that I don’t have to deal with the constant crawl-out-of-my-skin nausea, I am learning how to deal with the life of hot flashes and being hungrier than a 14 year old boy going through his high-school growth spurt. No kidding I eat every 20 mins or so munching on a tangerine, string cheese, yogurt, or whatever else I have in my goodie bag for the day. I am completely unable to sit down and have a large meal like normal, but instead have to interrupt my conversations because the next snack is making its way in to my mouth. And as far the hot flashes…I’m sure everyone at work probably thinks of me as “the bloated check who ate too many doughnuts and must be going through menopause because she’s really not doing a good job hiding her gray hair and has to wear short sleeves with a wet towel on her neck to control those old-lady hot flashes!” Nice visual huh? Love being pregnant! I’m definitely glowing.


No comments:
Post a Comment